If you intend on bringing your pet to Bahamas Harbour Island you will need to apply for a Bahamas pet permit which should be done far in advance of your travel date. Below you will find the details for obtaining a Bahamas pet permit and answers to other common questions about bringing your pet to Bahamas.
What are the steps involved in this process?
What form(s) do I need to fill out?
What document(s) do I need to bring?
How long does this process take?
Are there any deadlines associated with this process?
Are there any related fees?
Where can I find more information?
Steps to obtaining a Bahamas pet permit
- Complete an Application to Import Domestic Animal Form and submit to the Bahamas Department of Agriculture.
- Pay the relevant fees which can be sent along with the application above.
- After approval, you are issued a Bahamas pet permit.
- Along with the Bahamas pet permit you will receive Veterinarian Form (AGR/VS/1A Form) which must be completed by a registered Veterinarian 24 hours prior to your departure to Bahamas Harbour Island. .
- You then submit the Bahamas pet permit and completed Veterinarian Form to an Agricultural & Customs Officer at your Bahamas port of entry.
Bahamas Pet Permit Forms
Documents you must bring with you.
- Ministry of Agriculture import permit
- Veterinary Health Certificate – completed & signed by license vet no more than 48 hours prior to travel
- Rabies Vaccination Certificate – that validates your pet was vaccinated no less than 1 month & not more than 10 months prior to travel date (1 year vaccine) or no less than 1 month & no more than 34 months prior to travel date (3 year vaccine).